Topical pain relief products are applied externally to the skin where they exert an analgesic effect.
Why use a topical product?
- Some people are concerned about taking pills and topical products can offer an alternative.
- They can provide pain relief directly at the point of pain without having to take pills.
- GPs and Physiotherapists may recommend topical analgesics as first line treatment for muscular aches, pain and injuries.
- Not all topical analgesics are the same – some can offer additional benefits, such as hot and cold therapy, which assist with healing and recovery.
Did you know?
- Topical products are associated with fewer gastric side effects than oral pain relief.
- Creams, gels and patches can provide alternative pain relief to customers who cannot take oral pain relief.